Simple but complex.
A little difficult.
What type of landscape? -mountains, desert, the coast?!
What are the agents in this landscape?
What are the variables for the agents?
//wind, precipitation, sand, fauna, life, temperature ??
//speed, water, material, molecular levels, heat.
Ever since the Spring 2011 Marfa trip with Adam Grove’s studio, the desert has been one of my interests. It’s there, it’s usually untouched, empty, and dark.
1. Theme (framed within established programme and agenda constraints)
2. Precedents or Connections (systems, ideas and prototypes)
3. Exploration (within preassigned methods)
a. Basic System
4. Brief (setup for release)
5. Thesis (statement — how to)
The theme for my thesis is code/agency; based on my interest in intensities and micro-level mappings of basic objects, processes, and behaviors.
The precedence stems from the the exploration of agent-based modeling. An agent can be partial that interacts with each other within a system. The reason the use of agency is important to my process is because it can generate a system that creates form.
An agent that modifies the landscape.